Project Update Part 3: NS

Project Update 15/05/2020

Part 3: Next Steps

This is Part 3 of my project update series. To see Part 2, where I breakdown the mechanics of my project and offer a look at footage of the latest playtest, click here:

Additionally, to see the video directly, click here 

This part of the update will look at the next stages of my development process, such as what mechanics I still need to add and how I plan on innovating further. 

To begin with, I will look at my progress towards the finished so far, looking at how the progress I have will enable me to progress and develop new mechanics. So far in my project, I have implemented the systems needed to generate dialogue for each location and variation of character availability. To complete this stage, I need the raw dialogue, which I am in the process of creating with the help of my 3 brothers, using our archetypes to generate each conversation between ourselves. This will make our dialogue smooth and well connected, meaning the player will see an authentic interaction. 
Additionally, I will need to create the levels needed to create the entire length of the game. This involves making 8 simple levels. 2 for combat, 2 for looting, 2 for trading and additional levels for the final base attack and rescue missions. For these different mission types, I will need to create HUD elements which give the player their instructions. I also have a concept to create a final level which uses all characters making the player switch during gameplay.
Whilst my crafting system is partially implemented, it is still in its infancy and so can be improved. Equally, my power system needs updating, with particle effects needed and functionality for Mr Confident's powers. My trading and upgrading systems are not yet implemented.

I would like to devote some time to creating believable, well written and well thought out personal backgrounds, giving the characters an eye catching backstory, making them relatable and likeable. 

After this, I will need to add functionality to enable players to heal character between missions. The difficulty of this game will make it impossible unless characters can be healed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project X Submission Update Part One

World Map Progress and Additonal Tweaks

Additional Thoughts and Developments